Voting

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finally.....The trip to Colorado!

My friend Britnye and I drove out to Colorado and we made it in 2 days spending the night in Iowa. She was so sweet to do that for me since there is no way I would have made it by myself. If you have never driven there before ....let's just say it is a very long trip with a lot of corn fields! We made it though and she helped me get settled in my new home and we got to do some fun hikes together!

This is not a good pic of us at all, but it shows you how windy it was when we crossed the Colorado state border. This was before we got to the mountains and it is just amazing how windy it is across all the flat plains on the way out there!

Britnye standing in front of one of the many corn fields along our drive.

Okay this is great.....There is a Van Wert, Iowa for those of you that didn't know that! I was so excited when I saw the sign that I pulled the car over to take a pic in front of the sign! It felt like a little piece of home on my way.

Here is Britnye doing her stretches outside of the car. Being in the car that long definitely causes some serious cramps!

And here we are...the sign isn't real beautiful but we were so excited to see that sign! What a relief!

Here we are the first day in Colorado we did a hike with Dan to the pancake rocks! It was a lot of fun and very beautiful!

There were a lot of these pancake stacked looking rocks at the top looking over mountains.

Sitting on pancake rocks and taking in the view!

This was the last morning Britnye was here. We hiked up Mt. Cutler just the two of us and Jack.

I just love this pic! I think it is so gorgeous!

Britnye sitting at the top with Jack. Jack really loves Britnye because she likes to walk him on a leash and gives him lots of attention. He just sat in her bedroom after she left....I know he misses her:) It was so good to do that last hike and we were able to pray together at the top and have some good conversations. God is so good and has blessed me with another great friend!

No comments: