Voting

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Last 14er for the year!

A couple weeks ago we tried to hike our last 14er for the year. It was still in the 80's and sunny in the Springs, but not at the top of Mt Grays:) We knew there would be snow, but didn't realize how cold and windy it would be. We got close to the top, but the closer we got the more windy it was. It was so strong at times we had to do everything we could to keep the wind from knocking us right on our butts. It was a hard decision to make, but we decided it would be best for us and the dog to turn around before we got to the top. Oh well, we will have to wait till next summer to do any more 14ers.


Here we are at the trail head of Mt Grays.

I like to remind Dan how blessed he is to have a wife that goes on these adventures with him....esp in this type of weather:)

What a gorgeous pic huh?!?!?!

Man's best friend.......
Dan's best friend.......
Jack........

3 comments:

Laura S Scott said...

Yikes. You know how much I complained at Hocking Hills. Can you even imagine having me on that hike with you. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten booted off the mountain!

Andy and Julie Emerine said...

wow! you 2 amaze me! i could never hike like you do, but i guess we just have different hobbies. i have babies...you climb mountains...they're alike in some ways, right? lol, i'm weird, i know. time for bed. typing 1 handed, feeding baby. but seriously, great pics!

Katie said...

Haha! I just love you girls! Yeah, we are at a little different stages in life, but they are both great places to be! I miss you girls!!!